Home Buying Process
Buying a home might seem like a huge undertaking. It’s not something you do every day, so you might not know what to expect. Most buyers don’t. Learning the home buying process can take the mystery out of buying a new home and allow you to approach each step with confidence.
1. Identify your real estate agent and mortgage broker; these professionals will be your guides though the process
2. Get a loan pre-approval; learn your budget and terms
3. Go house-hunting
4. Negotiate the price and terms
5. Enter the contract period and place a deposit
6. Perform home inspections
7. Receive the appraisal and obtain final loan approval
8. Review all information and remove contingencies if satisfied
9. Close on the new home
As you can see, buying a home is really a series of small decisions. As long as you continue to find the information you receive acceptable, you will move through the process towards the close. If not…then you will cancel and start over with another property. Buying a home is exciting and understanding the process can help you avoid unnecessary stress.